10.21.2008

With You Always

The Drawings of Larry Van Pelt

A few years ago I came across these amazing drawings Larry does, I want to stress that these are not a joke-
here's some information about the process...

"The enclosed images are from 11x14 pencil drawings that are the result of an undertaking that began when I was 50 years old. I was awakened in the middle of the night with a clear, vivid impression that the Lord wanted me to do some special drawings -- drawings depicting ordinary people in their everyday environment . . . . with one important addition: the presence of Jesus Christ and His involvement in those routine activities.
It was also clear that the task would be allotted ten years to produce results -- an important consideration, considering the fact that I had never drawn anything before, had no training in drawing, and had never really been interested in drawing."
http://members.aol.com/jesusimages/index.htm



No comments: